As we continue to grow, Ox Equipment is hiring for the position of Sales Representative, based primarily at our head office in Ancaster, Ontario. The ideal candidate will perform a wide range of activities to provide for the ongoing sales of our advanced dry suction excavation technology products to businesses, organizations, and/or government entities.
The position will report to the Executive Team, consisting of the President and the VP-Operations. The primary duties and responsibilities centre around developing long term relationships, selling products and services using solid arguments to prospective customers, performing cost-benefit analyses of existing and potential customers, while maintaining positive business relationships to ensure future sales. To facilitate successful achievement of organizational goals and objectives, the sales representative will be expected to acquire a complete and thorough operational and mechanical understanding of our equipment product line, primarily our MTS Dino Series suction excavators, as well as all parts, tooling and consumables utilized in the operation of this equipment.
- Develop sales leads and employ sales strategies with potential customers, providing recommendations to senior management regarding opportunities to maximize sales; including but not limited to opportunities for demonstrations and sales of equipment.
- Ensure all sales management techniques, client information and correspondence as well as potential opportunities are stored and managed in CRM database.
- Prepare draft sales proposals and contracts, following established formats, and forward to senior management for review.
- Communicate regularly (weekly/monthly) with specific external customers and customer organizations.
- Research, coordinate and represent Ox Equipment in potential avenues of exposure which may include, but not limited to tradeshows, speaking engagements and exhibition opportunities.
- Provide appropriate assistance to the Marketing department to aid in driving brand awareness of Ox Equipment through digital, print, trade publications, and other media channels.
- Maintain a thorough and inclusive understanding of the vacuum excavation industry, including mechanical functions, with an emphasis on developing the role of the Suction Excavator in Canada and the United States.
- Research market potentials and keep up-to-date of competition, competitive issues, products and markets for North America and evaluate competitive products;
- Coordinate and perform demonstrations of equipment on an as needed basis for potential customers throughout Canada and the United States.
- Submit weekly progress reports regarding client correspondence, goals and other required information
- Other duties as required.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- A bachelor’s degree in Business
- 1-3 years of experience in a sales and/or business development role
- Experience in excavation/construction, including AZ/DZ licence, is an asset
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft O365 software applications
- Experience in customer relationship management software
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- French, Spanish, and/or German, is an asset
- Self-starter with an affinity for a fast-paced work environment
- Problem solving abilities
- Positive attitude
- Valid passport
Schedule and Location
- Ancaster, ON (some travel may be required)
How to Apply
If interested in this position, please email us your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.